Here is my comments policy. By posting on my blog, you agree in the following:
1. You may comment without registering.
2. You may post anonymously. I don't recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. I may change this rule if it is abused.
3. You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Rather than answering each question one at a time sharing the questions and answers will help everyone.
4. You may disagree with me. I respect that we all have different opinions. However, I ask that if you disagree with me - or anyone else who posts their thoughts here - do so in a way that is respectful. This isn't a place to practice injustice, it is a safe place to exchange ideas. This way we can all enjoy thought provoking discussions.
5. I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog and I don't have an obligation to publish your comments. Your opinions can be expressed fully on your own blog but not mine if they are inappropriate.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off topic; (c) libellous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any laws, including intellectual property laws; or (d) "spam," i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
6. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
7. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.